Spouted pouches (also known as fitment pouches) are becoming more prevalent across many industries due to advances in flexible packaging materials and an increasingly wide variety of convenient spouts & fitments available. Many products once limited to rigid packaging are now excellent candidates for spouted pouches.
At Glenroy, we’ve helped leading brands convert from rigid packaging to spouted pouches. Spouted pouches require additional specialized expertise beyond the norm, and we offer not only exceptional expertise in spouted pouches, but also expansive in-house spouted pouch converting capabilities.
This allows us to produce your spouted pouches from start to finish, without outsourcing important stages of the project such as spout insertion. We’re able to produce spouted pouches with shorter lead times, while keeping full control of your pouches’ quality throughout the entire process.
Our pouch converting equipment has produced award-winning spouted pouches. We’re able to design and produce pouches with innovative shapes that prevent flex cracking, with extremely high burst strength and the ability to withstand even the most rigorous drop testing.
Many brands and companies are turning to flexible packaging to package hand sanitizer products. As experts for over 50 years in high barrier applications, we're here to help with various spouted pouch solutions:
- Corner spouted pouches
- Top spouted pouches
- Screw caps, disc caps, flip-top caps, and more closures available on corner & top spouted premade pouches
- Premade STANDCAP Pouches with AptarGroup's SimpliSqueeze® valve technology
Convenient. Clean. Disruptive. The premade STANDCAP pouch is an easy-to-use lightweight package providing mess-free dispensing, 99% product evacuation, and instant shelf impact. Be the first to disrupt store shelves with this category-changing pouch.
Premade STANDCAP Pouches result in up to 63% less plastic (by weight), 61% less fossil fuel consumption, 62% less greenhouse gas emissions, 76% less water usage, 52% less landfill waste (even when factoring in plastic) when compared to plastic bottles
Our packaging engineers are experts at listening to your needs and crafting innovative prototypes that incorporate convenient features such as handles to facilitate easy pouring and modern shapes to differentiate your product. We’re uniquely able to engineer and produce spouted pouch prototypes custom-printed with your graphics, so your prototypes show a more accurate presentation of the final package.
We have access to a large variety of spouts and fitments for liquids, powders, gels, and granulates.
We offer a wide range of options for fitments & closures with our pouches. A few examples include:
- Corner-mounted spouts
- Top-mounted spouts
- EZ Pour spouts
- QuickFlip spouts
- Disc-cap closures
- Screw-cap closures
- Push-pull closures
- Inverted Sierra closure
- Spouts with SimpliSqueeze valves
Spouted pouches provide many benefits when compared to rigid packaging.
- Allow for near total evacuation of the product. (Rigid containers can leave 6 - 14% of product in packaging, while pouches can evacuate up to 99.5% of the product.)
- Are conveniently lighter and more portable.
- Provide shelf impact that differentiates your products from the rows of rigid packaging currently on shelves, giving you a competitive advantage.
- Use approximately 60 percent less plastic than rigid plastic bottles.
- Require approximately 50 percent less energy to produce.
- Are much more space efficient and require less area to store in warehouses.
- Generate less CO2 emissions during production.
- Produce significantly less landfill waste.
- Require fewer trucks for transportation—reducing fossil fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
- Provide increased printable surface area to present attention-grabbing graphics that resonate with consumers.
We perform a number of rigorous tests on spouted pouches to ensure your pouches will perform throughout the life cycle of your product. The various tests we perform include:
- Interlayer adhesion testing
- Seal strength testing
- Drop testing
- Burst testing
- Tensile testing
- Product package compatibility testing
- Compression testing
- Puncture resistance testing
We have the technology and expertise to manufacture spouted pouches for a wide array of products, including:
- Peanut butter
- Butter & shortening
- Cooking oils
- Baby food
- Fruit purees
- Sports drinks
- Energy drinks
- Dairy drinks
- Alcoholic beverages
- Protein shakes
- Coffee drinks
- Sugars & sweeteners
- Spices & seasonings
- Nuts, seeds, & grains
- Trail mix
- Confectionary & candy
- Pet food
- Powdered drink mixes
- Laundry detergent
- Stain removers
- Insect repellents
- Bath crystals
- Dish soap
- Hand soap
- Hand sanitizers