In addition to materials engineering, printing, manufacturing, and pouch converting, we offer pouch prototyping as one of our many value-added services. Our packaging engineers can help you throughout the entire process, from concepting to engineering to production. Our package engineering team will collaborate with you to ensure your stand-up pouches are fully customized for your unique products, creating innovative and realistic pouch prototypes.
Your pouch prototypes can be printed with your graphics and incorporate many consumer-centric features, including:
- Spouts and fitments
- Customized shapes
- Press-to-close zippers
- Sliders (with or without end clips)
- Hooded sliders
- Velcro PRESS-LOK®
- Rounded corners
- Tear notches
- Clear windows
- Glossy or matte finishes
- Handle holes
- Hanger holes
- Laser scoring
- Mitre seals
- Doyen seals
- Flat bottom seals
- Custom-designed gusset seals
- Seal testing – testing for fusion seals that bond the plastics in the flexible packaging material together on a molecular level, the same way that the plastics in a rigid container are formed.
- Puncture resistance testing – Using ASTM testing standards, analyzing how much pressure is required to puncture the flexible packaging material.
- Pour testing – testing for a clean and controlled pour.
- Tensile testing – sealing the flexible packaging film to itself and testing the amount of force required for the seal to break.
- Vacuum testing – submitting pouches to the equivalent of 1 atmosphere of external vacuum pressure to ensure that they are hermetically sealed.
- Burst testing – exposing pouches to internal pressure until they burst to verify the strength of the seals.
- Drop testing – testing the height from which the pouch can be dropped without failing.
We’ve developed pouches with excellent seal strength and high-performance barrier properties that withstand rigorous burst testing and drop testing.