TruRenu™ Recyclable Pouches
Do your customers demand recyclable packaging?
Recycling and recovery efforts and technology for stand up pouches are expanding every day. We strive to be on the forefront of this movement and offer environmental benefits with our recyclable pouch options.
Get Started On Your Project Today!
Eco Impact of Store Drop-off Recyclable Pouches vs. Rigid Canisters
According to a recent LCA study by PTIS, choosing Store Drop-off Recyclable Pouches instead of rigid plastic canisters results in up to:
- 77% less plastic (by weight).
- 78% less fossil fuel consumption.
- 79% less greenhouse gas emissions.
- 65% less water usage.
- 74% less landfill waste (even when factoring in plastic recycling rates).
TruRenu™ Store Drop-off
Reduce your carbon footprint, achieve your sustainability goals, and help drive the circular economy with store drop-off recyclable pouches. These store drop-off recyclable pouches meet the requirements of the Sustainable Packaging Coalition® How2Recycle® label program.
Glenroy’s store drop-off recyclable stand up pouches and film laminations from the TruRenu™ sustainable flexible packaging portfolio are available in barrier and non-barrier options using a labeling system that clearly communicates recycling instructions to the public.
Glenroy, Inc. has teamed with Trex Company, the world’s largest manufacturer of wood- alternative decking and railing, to make its eco-friendly flexible packaging products even friendlier. Further reinforcing Glenroy’s commitment to sustainability, our TruRenu™ stand up pouch has been certified for recycling through the NexTrex® Recycling Program, a Trex initiative focused on sourcing, collecting and qualifying polyethylene film materials for use in the making of Trex’s world-famous composite decking.
- Excellent barrier to moisture multilayer structure
- FDA product compliant for direct food contact
- Features 5 channel audible-tactile locking zipper
- Qualifies for How2Recycle® Store Drop-off label
Ideal for various markets1 including:
- Pet food
- Personal care
1Store Drop-off label may not be eligible in all applications and geography. Please contact us for further information.
How2Recycle® Label Program
Each version of our store drop-off recyclable pouch from our TruRenu™ sustainable flexible packaging portfolio meets the requirements for the How2Recycle® store drop-off program2. Follow these four easy steps to complete the recycling process.
- Make sure pouch is completely empty
- Shake out any loose crumbs or food residue
- Remove any remaining liquid inside pouch
- Drop off at your participating local store
2Brands and companies who are interested in using our recyclable pouches will need to become members of the How2Recycle® store drop-off program in order to use the label on their own custom-printed pouch.
Not only are store drop-off pouches recyclable, but they also help reduce your carbon footprint through extending shelf life to reduce food waste, they use less plastic in the first place, they’re lighter-weight which helps lower greenhouse gas emissions and fossil fuel consumption, and they use less water and energy during manufacturing. Learn more at perfectpackaging.org
100% Recyclable Zipper Closure
Consumers can feel confident buying a sustainable package with easy opening and reclosability use after use. The Fresh-Lock® Multiplex® zipper enhances the consumer experience for our store drop-off recyclable pouches by providing many benefits including:
- 100% recyclable easy-to-use closure that you can hear and feel
- Air-tight locking grid for optimal product protection
- Works well for granular products
- Lasting reclosability allowing for multiple uses