At 92 million strong, the millennial generation is the largest in U.S history. Currently holding over $600 billion in annual purchasing power, millennials’ buying power is predicted to reach $1.4 trillion annually by 2020 and $11.3 trillion by 2030.
Like it or not, millennials are taking over the joint.
And despite popular belief, the majority of millennials are brand loyalists. Of 1,300 millennials interviewed by Forbes, “60% said that they are often or always loyal to brands”. As the oldest wave of millennials enters parenthood and the youngest wave of millennials enters adulthood, new buying habits and brand preferences are...
Whether you’re launching a new product or trying to invigorate an established product line, choosing stand-up pouches for your packaging can be a game changer. Some of the various benefits drawing brands to pouches include:
- Pouches fit consumer lifestyle trends; on-the-go consumers find lightweight pouches easy to carry, reseal, and store.
- Many pouches make it easier for consumers to dispense and use the product inside, and allow for complete evacuation of the product (as opposed to rigid packaging).
- Pouches provide ample billboard space for on-shelf brand-building.
- Flexibles offer a contemporary look and work well with design-forward graphic treatments.
- Many consumers perceive stand-up pouches as a signifier of a quality, premium product.
- Millennials are “flexible packaging natives” who grew up seeing juice in pouches, and they are more accepting of pouches than any preceding generation.
- New features and spouts provide...
More and more brands are making the switch from rigid to flexible packaging every day. According to a recent report by Knowledge Sourcing Intelligence, the North American flexible packaging market was worth $30 billion in 2015 and is expected to be valued at nearly $34 billion by 2021. Some reasons attributed to the growth of flexible packaging include:
- Rising popularity of pouches–predicted to grow 6.5% a year to 2020
- Consumer perception that stand-up pouches signify quality
- Increased consumer demand of convenient smaller pack sizes
- Eco-friendly benefits–flexible packaging consumes less energy to manufacture and transport
At Glenroy, we continue to be at the forefront of this movement by providing a wide range of flexible packaging capabilities, innovative products, and top-tier service to our customers:...