Electrical-Mechanical Tech – 1st Shift
Under the direction of and reporting to the Maintenance Process Manager, the Electrical-Mechanical Technician is responsible for the timely completion of electrical and mechanical projects/tasks and preventative maintenance activities.
(*Note: All skills/tasks included in Mechanical Tech)
- Communicate necessary information relating to maintenance projects/tasks.
- Perform equipment and facility repairs within the work order system and preventive maintenance systems.
- Work with crew leads, and production control as needed to schedule maintenance task.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and repairs needed for machine and equipment problems.
- Perform all levels of equipment alignment and calibrations.
- Repair, replace and refurbish all electrical and mechanical units and damaged parts, ensuring proper function.
- Use programming and communications software for PLC’s and various HMI programs and software.
- Read electrical, mechanical and pneumatic drawings and schematics.
- Use and handle electrical testing and repair equipment.
- Assemble electrical and electronic systems and prototypes according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical principles, using hand tools and measuring instruments.
- Install and maintain electrical control systems and solid-state equipment.
- Set-up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies or systems under simulated operating conditions, and record results.
- Follow all safety guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Inform appropriate process managers and employees of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Participate in facility housekeeping and remain alert to potentially hazardous conditions and situations.
- Maintain company required machine and equipment records.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to identify technical malfunctions in electrical and mechanical units.
- Ability to effectively manage time and complete all task assigned.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical and mechanical components including the use of diagnostic instruments.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel individually and in a team environment.
- Ability to interface and communicate with equipment operators (PLC’s, HMI, equipment software).
- Must be highly safety conscious.
- Computer experience necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Industrial maintenance degree or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years of experience in electrical, mechanical or maintenance field desired.
Job Location: Menomonee Falls, WI
Job Hours: 40 hours/week – Mon- Fri 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Job Pay: $31.84 Per Hour
Direct Reports: 0
Percentage Travel: 0%