Pouching Operator – 2nd Shift
Under the direction of and reporting to the Pouching Lead, the Pouching Operator is responsible for setting-up and operating conversion equipment to produce high quality goods in a manner that meets and exceed customer expectations.
- Complete job setup accordance to plan and operate equipment to defined specifications for finished product.
- Perform quality inspections throughout job to ensure conformity to specifications.
- Perform machine adjustments to proactively keep product within specified tolerances.
- Oversee Packers activity in conjunction with QA Technician interaction.
- Document production activity and material traceability/usage calculations to determine finished quantities and line efficiencies.
- Provide back-up support to other positions on the production line.
- Perform all necessary preventative maintenance as required.
- Make suggestions for process improvements.
- Operate machines at desired speeds to ensure efficiency of production.
- Identify and document failures and support identification of root cause for production issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong mechanical aptitude required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude required with the ability to problem solve and troubleshoot.
- The ability to operate common hand and power tools.
- Basic computer skills including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Must be able to read a metric and standard ruler.
- The ability to communicate effectively.
- High school math skills.
- The ability to multi-task.
- Good organizational skills.
- The ability to read blueprints a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of manufacturing experience desired.