Glenroy, Inc. is committed to the health and safety of all employees, customers, partners and the communities we serve. We are following all federal and/or local government regulations and restrictions and basing our actions on guidance and information provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO). Our teams are available to support and meet the needs of our customers, vendors, and partners, while ensuring our employees’ health and safety remains a priority.
An Update to Our Customers, Vendors, and Partners About COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
The COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues to be an incredibly fluid situation impacting us all. Many local, state and country governments are issuing shelter in place or stay at home orders for all non-essential business. What Glenroy, Inc. does is essential. We are deemed essential per Section 13r & 13v of the “Emergency Order #12 – Safer at Home” released today by the State of Wisconsin Department of Health Services:
- Section 13r: Supplies for Essential Businesses and Operations and Essential Governmental Functions. Businesses that sell, manufacture, or supply other Essential Businesses and Operations and Essential Governmental Functions with the support or supplies necessary to operate, including computers; audio and video electronics; household appliances; IT and telecommunication equipment; hardware; paint; flat glass; electrical, plumbing, and heating materials; construction materials and equipment; sanitary equipment; personal hygiene products; food, food additives, ingredients, and components; medical and orthopedic equipment; firearm and ammunition suppliers and retailers for purposes of safety and security; optics and photography equipment; diagnostic; food and beverages; chemicals; paper and paper products; soaps and detergents.
- Section 13v: Manufacture, distribution, and supply chain for critical products and industries. Manufacturing companies, distributors, and supply chain companies producing and supplying essential products and services in and for industries such as pharmaceutical, technology, biotechnology, healthcare, chemicals and sanitation, waste pickup and disposal, agriculture, food and beverage, transportation, energy, steel and steel products, petroleum and fuel, mining, construction, national defense, communications, and products used by other Essential Governmental Functions and Essential Businesses and Operations.
Products from Glenroy are essential to the supply chain and operations in critical industries, including pharmaceutical, medical device, personal care, food, and beverage, that are keeping our communities healthy and safe.
This means that we will continue to operate our business, consistent with any local requirements and regulations. We will keep working with federal and/or local government to ensure our essential operations remain open so we can provide critical products and service to our customers.
We will take all steps possible to protect the service and support Glenroy, Inc. provides to our customers. Our partnership is valuable and we appreciate your flexibility during these unusual and trying times.
President & CEO
Actions We are Taking
We are following all federal and/or local government regulations and restrictions and basing our actions on guidance and information provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO).
- Visitors: We are limiting visitors to our facilities to business essential needs only and are encouraging virtual meetings and discussions. For business essential visits, visitor screening guidelines will be applied to prohibit visitors who are ill or have recently traveled to restricted locations.
- Cleaning: We have implemented enhanced cleaning throughout our facilities. Our Safety & Operations Team continues to work with our cleaning vendors and shift leads to ensure safety and good cleaning practices are part of the enhanced operating procedures during each shift.
- Travel: We have proactively restricted all travel for our employees. This decision has been made to ensure that we follow WHO guidance on travel to restricted areas, remain focused on minimizing any unnecessary risk to our employees in the course of their daily work, and extends our support for public health efforts to contain the virus.
- Working remote: We have asked all employees not part of our manufacturing operations to work from home. For any employee feeling ill we will direct them to stay home, seek guidance from their physician, and work with Human Resources.
- Increased employee communications: We continue to communicate with employees daily to stress personal and work area hygiene, social distancing, staying home if feeling ill, and cough etiquette to help avoid possible transmission.
- Supply chain: We are in daily contact with our suppliers and vendors to identify their plans for protecting their companies and minimizing the impact of the virus on their operations going forward. We remain confident that our raw materials supply chain and manufacturing operation will provide ongoing business continuity, and we do not foresee any meaningful disruptions to our business operations or our ability to serve our customers.
- Monitoring the effect on our production facilities: We are monitoring our staff needs closely and adjusting resources and operations as needed without compromising the safety of our employees and the delivery of product to our customers.
- Risk assessment team: Our owners and business unit leadership continue to evaluate the evolving situation and have business continuity and contingency plans in place.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How are you managing increasing demand from your customers?
We remain confident that our raw materials supply chain and manufacturing operation will provide ongoing business continuity. As of today (March 18) we do not foresee any meaningful disruptions to our business operations or our ability to serve our customers. We are in daily contact with our suppliers and vendors to identify their plans for minimizing the impact of the virus on their operations.
Are you seeing risk of capacity or labor availability at any of your sites?
We are monitoring our staff needs closely and adjusting resources and operations as needed without compromising the safety of our employees and the delivery of product to our customers.
How are local/regional restrictions impacting your business?
We currently are not experiencing an impact from local/regional restrictions.
Do you anticipate risk of your local authorities classifying your site(s) as non-essential and requiring shutdowns?
No. Since most of our business is in pharmaceutical, personal care, medical device, food, and beverage related industries which supply critical products worldwide, we qualify as an essential business within Sections 13r and 13v of the “Safer at Home” guidelines issued by the State of Wisconsin.
Are there any risks to your existing lead times? Are you requesting customers to change anything in order to enable continuity (i.e. firming PO’s further out)?
We are in daily contact with our suppliers and vendors and are actively investigating alternative supplies of materials to help keep lead times as close to our standard as possible.
Are you seeing any indications of impact on transportation or delivery of your products?
Currently, we do not see any impact on the transportation of our products to our customers.